1. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
4. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
8. (usually followed by `to' or `for') On the point of or strongly disposed.
11. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
12. Deciduous or evergreen shrubs and shrubby trees of temperate and subtropical North America, South Africa, eastern Asia and northeastern Australia.
13. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
14. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
15. A metal cleat on the bottom front of a horseshoe to prevent slipping.
16. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
17. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
19. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
21. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
23. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
25. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
26. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
27. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
31. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
37. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
41. Gone by.
43. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
44. The molecular weight of a substance expressed in grams.
45. A light touch or stroke.
47. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
49. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
50. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
51. At or constituting a border or edge.
52. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
1. Chief port and economic center of Nigeria.
2. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
3. (Greek mythology) The beautiful daughter of Zeus and Leda who was abducted by Paris.
4. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
5. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
6. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
7. Inquire about.
8. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
9. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
10. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
18. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
20. A city in northern India.
22. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
24. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
28. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
29. Informal terms for a mother.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
32. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
33. English monk and scholar (672-735).
34. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
35. In full operation.
36. A positively charged electrode by which electrons leave an electrical device.
38. Highly excited.
39. An associate degree in nursing.
40. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
42. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
46. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
47. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
48. A public promotion of some product or service.