1. A doctor's degree in theology.
4. An enclosed space.
7. Toward the mouth or oral region.
11. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
12. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
13. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
14. A silvery malleable metallic element that resists corrosion.
15. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
16. Flemish painter who was a founder of the Flemish school of painting and to have pioneered modern techniques of oil painting (1390-1441).
17. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
20. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
21. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
22. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
24. A visual presentation showing how something works.
26. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
29. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
30. Any of various units of capacity.
32. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
35. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
37. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
40. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
44. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
45. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
48. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
49. A human limb.
50. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
51. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
52. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
53. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
54. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. A person of exceptional importance and reputation.
2. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
3. Large tropical butterfly with degenerate forelegs and an unpleasant taste.
4. A deep bow.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
7. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
8. A column of light (as from a beacon).
9. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
10. A British peer of the highest rank.
18. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
19. A public promotion of some product or service.
23. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
25. A Russian river.
27. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
28. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
31. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
33. Music composed for dancing the conga.
34. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
35. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
38. Inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence.
39. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
40. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
41. A sudden short attack.
42. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
43. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
46. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
47. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.