1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
7. Set down according to a plan.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
13. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
14. A flexible container with a single opening.
15. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
17. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
18. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
20. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
24. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
25. God of wealth and love.
26. Affect with wonder.
30. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
32. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
33. A Loloish language.
36. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
37. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
40. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
44. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
45. Consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity.
48. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
49. (informal) Roused to anger.
50. In bed.
51. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
52. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
53. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
54. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
4. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
5. On or toward the lee.
6. A master's degree in business.
7. 16 ounces.
8. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
9. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
10. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
16. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
19. A motley assortment of things.
21. A large fleet.
22. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
23. The cry made by sheep.
27. An associate degree in nursing.
28. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
29. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
31. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
34. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
35. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
38. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
39. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
40. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
41. Soft white semisolid fat obtained by rendering the fatty tissue of the hog v 1.
42. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
43. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
46. (Irish) The sea personified.
47. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.