1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
4. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
8. (of roads) Made of logs laid down crosswise.
11. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
12. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
13. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
14. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
15. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
17. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
19. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
20. A Loloish language.
21. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
23. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
28. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
31. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
33. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
36. A light touch or stroke.
39. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
41. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
42. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
46. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
47. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
48. Extremely pleasing.
49. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
50. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
2. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
3. The closing section of a musical composition.
4. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
5. Paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people).
6. Jordan's port.
7. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
8. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
9. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
10. Offering fun and gaiety.
16. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
18. Remove gas from.
22. A public promotion of some product or service.
24. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
25. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
26. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
27. The cry made by sheep.
29. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
30. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
32. The capital and chief port and largest city of Senegal.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
35. Jordan's port.
37. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
40. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
43. A decree that prohibits something.
44. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
45. A master's degree in fine arts.