1. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
5. Thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord.
8. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
11. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
12. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
13. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
14. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
15. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
17. (Zoroastrianism) Title for benevolent deities.
18. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
20. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
22. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
23. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
26. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
28. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
32. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
34. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
35. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
37. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
43. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
44. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
48. The officer below the master on a commercial ship.
50. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
51. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
52. Using speech rather than writing.
53. A person forced to flee from home or country.
54. Showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or white hair.
1. The ending of a series or sequence.
2. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
3. Being nine more than ninety.
4. Tag the base runner to get him out.
5. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
6. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
7. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
8. Largest known toad species.
9. A lyric poet.
10. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
16. The sixth month of the civil year.
19. A fraudulent business scheme.
21. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
24. Large genus of erect or climbing prickly shrubs including roses.
25. Unknown god.
27. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
29. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
30. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.
31. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
33. 35th President of the United States.
36. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
38. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
39. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
41. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
45. A number of sheets of paper fastened together along one edge.
46. Enlarged prostate.
47. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
49. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).