1. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
4. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
8. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
11. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
12. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
13. A doctor's degree in theology.
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
16. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
17. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
18. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
19. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
21. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
24. A decree that prohibits something.
26. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
28. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
32. A bachelor's degree in religion.
34. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
36. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. A building where prostitutes are available.
44. A state in northwestern North America.
45. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
46. Jordan's port.
47. A flexible container with a single opening.
48. An informal conversation.
52. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
53. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
54. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
55. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
56. A form of address for a man.
1. A strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. French writer who generalized surrealism to literature (1897-1982).
4. A bachelor's degree in science.
5. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
6. A three-tone Chadic language.
7. A fraudulent business scheme.
8. An infection of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
10. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
15. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
20. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
22. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
23. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
25. A public promotion of some product or service.
27. A small piece of cloth.
29. Being six more than fifty.
30. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
31. An associate degree in nursing.
33. Growing in two parts or in pairs.
35. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
37. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
40. A Loloish language.
41. Being nine more than forty.
42. In bed.
43. With no effort to conceal.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
49. Before noon.
50. 1/10 gram.
51. A radioactive element of the actinide series.