1. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
4. A compact mass.
8. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
11. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
12. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
13. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
14. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
15. A writer of poems (the term is usually reserved for writers of good poetry).
16. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
17. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
19. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
21. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
23. A unit of magnetic flux density equal to one weber per square meter.
31. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
33. A light touch or stroke.
34. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
35. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
36. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
38. The feeling of being bored by something tedious.
42. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
46. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
47. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
48. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
49. Very light colored.
51. The cry made by sheep.
52. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
53. Type genus of the Amiidae.
54. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
1. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
2. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
3. English monk and scholar (672-735).
4. Former measure of the US economy.
5. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
6. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
7. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
8. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
9. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
10. Genus of prickly shrubs and small trees of the Caribbean region.
18. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
20. Any of various units of capacity.
22. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
25. An enclosed space.
26. A master's degree in business.
27. A golf shot that curves to the right for a right-handed golfer.
28. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
29. An informal term for a father.
30. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
32. A large fleet.
37. A small cake leavened with yeast.
39. Type genus of the Nepidae.
40. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
41. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
43. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
44. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
45. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
46. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
50. Before noon.