1. A small constellation near the South Pole between Tucana and Ara.
5. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
12. A graphical record of electrical activity of the brain.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
15. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
16. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
17. Minor or subordinate.
18. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
21. A public promotion of some product or service.
23. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
24. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
25. An edge between a sidewalk and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter).
28. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
33. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
35. A state in midwestern United States.
36. The cry made by sheep.
37. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
38. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
50. An audiotape recording of sound.
51. The basic unit of money in Albania.
52. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
54. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
55. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
56. An informal term for a father.
57. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
1. One of the common people.
2. Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality.
3. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
4. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
5. An agricultural laborer in Arab countries.
6. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
7. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
8. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
9. Common Indian weaverbird.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
19. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
20. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
22. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
26. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
27. A small cake leavened with yeast.
29. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
30. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
31. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
32. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
39. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
41. In bed.
42. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
43. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
44. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
45. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
46. Make an etching of.
48. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
49. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
53. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.