1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. The small projection of a mammary gland.
8. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
13. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
14. A police officer who investigates crimes.
15. Divulge information or secrets.
16. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
19. A range of mountains (usually with jagged peaks and irregular outline).
24. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
25. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
27. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
29. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
31. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
34. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
36. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
38. The protoplasm of the germ cells that contains chromosomes and genes.
41. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
42. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
46. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
47. Call upon in supplication.
49. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
50. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
51. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
52. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
53. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
3. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
4. A bachelor's degree in theology.
5. The fatty flesh of eel.
6. By bad luck.
7. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
8. A small faint zodiacal constellation in the southern hemisphere.
9. Sour or bitter in taste.
10. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
18. A person forced to flee from home or country.
20. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
21. Not divisible by two.
22. English essayist (1775-1834).
23. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
28. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
30. The sixth month of the civil year.
32. United States abolitionist (1786-1865).
33. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
37. In bed.
38. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
39. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
40. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
43. The capital and largest city of Japan.
44. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
45. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
46. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
48. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.