1. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
5. A state in midwestern United States.
7. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
11. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
12. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
13. On or toward the lee.
14. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
16. Lacking either stimulating or irritating characteristics.
17. The month following March and preceding May.
18. (folklore) A small grotesque supernatural creature that makes trouble for human beings.
20. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
21. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
23. A very light brown.
25. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
27. A master's degree in business.
30. (computer science) A unit for measuring computing power.
34. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
40. An accidental happening.
43. The compass point that is one point south of due west.
44. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
46. How long something has existed.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
48. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
1. Wood of a sumac.
2. Small very thin pancake.
3. Spanish missionary who founded Franciscan missions in California (1713-1784).
4. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
5. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
6. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
7. (Norse mythology) God of light and peace and noted for his beauty and sweet nature.
8. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
9. Tear or be torn violently.
10. English monk and scholar (672-735).
15. Relatively low in price or charging low prices.
19. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
22. Wearing footgear.
24. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
26. A state in midwestern United States.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
29. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
31. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
32. The main city of ancient Phoenicia.
33. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
35. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
36. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
37. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
38. A small cake leavened with yeast.
39. South African term for `boss'.
41. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
43. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
45. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.