1. Decapod having eyes on short stalks and a broad flattened carapace with a small abdomen folded under the thorax and pincers.
5. An enclosed space.
8. Inquire about.
11. A long loud emotional utterance.
12. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
15. Tag the base runner to get him out.
16. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
17. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
20. The basic unit of money in Zambia.
23. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
26. The capital of Croatia.
27. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
30. The sixth month of the civil year.
35. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
38. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
39. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
40. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
43. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
44. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
46. The ball-shaped capsule containing the vertebrate eye.
47. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
48. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
49. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
50. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
1. Colloquial British abbreviation.
2. (Roman Catholic Church) The supreme ecclesiastical tribunal for cases appealed to the Holy See from diocesan courts.
3. Absent without permission.
4. Offering little or no hope.
5. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. Nut of any of several trees of the genus Corylus.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. God of love and erotic desire.
18. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
19. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
21. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
22. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
24. A person forced to flee from home or country.
25. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
28. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
29. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
31. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
32. A city in northwestern Switzerland.
33. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
34. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
36. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
37. A notice of someone's death.
38. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
41. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
42. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
45. A Mid-Atlantic state.