1. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
4. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
8. The sound made by a pigeon v 1.
11. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
12. Offering fun and gaiety.
13. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
14. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
15. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
16. Water frozen in the solid state.
17. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
19. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
21. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
24. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
25. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
27. Resembling a serpent in form.
31. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
37. Wearing or provided with clothing.
40. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
41. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
42. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
43. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
44. An informal term for a father.
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Slices of bread that have been toasted.
2. (Hinduism) An ascetic holy man.
3. An advantageous purchase.
4. How long something has existed.
5. An informal term for a father.
6. By bad luck.
7. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
8. Tropical American trees with palmately compound leaves and showy bell-shaped flowers.
9. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
10. The ending of a series or sequence.
18. (informal) Rural and uncouth.
20. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
22. A person to whom money is paid.
23. Before noon.
26. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
28. Filled with fear or apprehension.
29. A public promotion of some product or service.
30. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
32. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
33. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
34. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
35. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
36. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
38. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
39. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
40. A state in New England.