1. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
5. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
7. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
11. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
12. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
13. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
14. A drug (trade names Calan and Isoptin) used as an oral or parenteral calcium blocker in cases of hypertension or congestive heart failure or angina or migraine.
17. A public promotion of some product or service.
18. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
20. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
23. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
24. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
30. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
31. A large fleet.
34. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
40. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
42. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
43. The seventh and last day of the week.
45. Having leadership guidance.
46. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
47. By bad luck.
48. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
2. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
3. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
4. Jordan's port.
5. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
6. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
7. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
9. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
10. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
15. An embroidered rug made from a coarse Indian felt.
16. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
19. A Russian river.
21. A state in midwestern United States.
22. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
25. An informal term for a father.
26. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. The capital of Morocco.
33. A republic on the island of Malta in the Mediterranean.
35. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
36. South African term for `boss'.
37. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
38. In bed.
39. A quantity of no importance.
41. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
44. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.