1. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
4. Moderate or restrain.
8. Being five more than one hundred fifty.
11. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
14. (informal) Roused to anger.
15. Consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offence.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
20. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
22. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
26. The capital of Croatia.
27. A radioactive transuranic element.
35. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
39. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
41. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
42. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
43. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
45. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
46. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
47. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
48. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
2. Jordan's port.
3. Food of a ruminant regurgitated to be chewed again.
4. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
7. Take in solid food.
8. Wearing or provided with clothing.
9. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
10. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
18. A young woman making her debut into society.
19. At or constituting a border or edge.
21. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
23. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
24. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
28. A port city in southwestern Iran.
29. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
30. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
31. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
32. A drama set to music.
33. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
34. Squash bugs.
36. French couturier whose first collection in 1947 created a style (tight bodice and narrow waist and flowing pleated skirt) that became known as the New Look (1905-1957).
37. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
38. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
39. A boy or man.
40. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. Being one hundred more than three hundred.