1. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
4. Make amends for.
8. Any of various units of capacity.
11. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
12. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
13. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
14. Preserve of crushed fruit.
15. In bed.
16. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
17. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
22. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
23. An informal conversation.
25. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
29. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
31. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
32. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying earth.
35. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
37. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
38. British politician (born in the United States) who was the first woman to sit in the British House of Commons (1879-1964).
42. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
44. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
45. A public promotion of some product or service.
46. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
47. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
50. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
51. A small cake leavened with yeast.
52. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
1. A Hindu prince or king in India.
2. (informal) Exceptionally good.
3. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
6. The dialect of Chinese spoken in Canton and neighboring provinces and in Hong Kong and elsewhere outside China.
7. A doctor's degree in education.
8. A cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie.
9. Divulge information or secrets.
10. A Loloish language.
18. The airforce of Great Britain.
19. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
20. Former measure of the US economy.
21. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
24. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
26. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
27. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
33. The formation of frost or ice on a surface.
34. The cry made by sheep.
36. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
39. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
43. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
48. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
49. One million periods per second.