1. The residue that remains when something is burned.
4. Type genus of the Apidae.
8. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
11. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
12. An informal term for a father.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. A small piece of cloth.
15. The act of scanning.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
19. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
22. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
23. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
26. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
27. A light touch or stroke.
28. Not final or absolute.
31. An honorary arts degree.
34. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
37. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
39. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
43. A human limb.
46. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
47. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
48. A fraudulent business scheme.
49. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
50. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
1. A city in northern India.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
4. Accumulate on the surface.
5. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
6. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
7. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
8. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
9. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
18. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
20. A seat for one person, with a support for the back.
21. Nut of any of several trees of the genus Corylus.
24. Informal terms for a mother.
25. An associate degree in nursing.
29. A deep bow.
30. The cry made by sheep.
32. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
33. Athenian lawmaker whose code of laws prescribed death for almost every offense (circa 7th century BC).
35. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
36. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
39. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
42. The month following March and preceding May.
43. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
44. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
45. A radioactive element of the actinide series.