1. (Norse mythology) Wife of Thor and guardian of the home.
4. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
8. A doctor's degree in education.
11. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
12. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
13. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
14. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
15. A port city in southwestern Iran.
17. A state in northwestern North America.
19. A light touch or stroke.
20. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
21. Type genus of the Ranidae.
24. A flexible container with a single opening.
26. Being one more than one hundred.
28. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
29. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
32. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
36. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
38. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
39. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
42. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
46. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
47. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
50. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
51. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
53. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
54. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
55. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
56. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
2. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
3. Extremely pleasing.
4. 16 ounces.
5. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
6. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
7. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
8. Late time of life.
9. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
10. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
18. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
22. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
23. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
25. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
27. A state in midwestern United States.
30. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
33. Any of various burrowing animals of the family Leporidae having long ears and short tails.
34. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
37. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
40. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
41. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
42. An informal term for a father.
43. Set down according to a plan.
44. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
45. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
48. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
49. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
52. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).