1. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
4. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
11. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
12. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
13. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
14. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
16. A young woman making her debut into society.
17. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
18. A public promotion of some product or service.
19. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
21. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
27. God of wealth and love.
32. A French abbot.
33. A native of ancient Troy.
34. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali metal group.
36. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
37. A tight-fitting headdress.
40. The cry made by sheep.
46. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
47. A form of address for a man.
48. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
49. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
52. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
53. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
54. A human female who does housework.
55. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
2. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
3. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
4. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
5. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
6. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
7. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
15. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
20. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
22. A genus of Pyralidae.
24. A light touch or stroke.
26. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
28. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
29. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
30. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
31. An associate degree in nursing.
35. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
38. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
39. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
41. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
42. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
43. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
44. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
45. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
50. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
51. A colorless and odorless inert gas.