1. An informal term for a father.
4. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
11. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
12. A small cake leavened with yeast.
13. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
14. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
16. The United Nations agency concerned with the international organization of food and agriculture.
17. The residue that remains when something is burned.
18. A public promotion of some product or service.
19. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
21. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
28. In a foreign country.
32. A fraudulent business scheme.
35. English essayist (1775-1834).
36. A state in northwestern North America.
37. 16 ounces.
39. A young woman making her debut into society.
41. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
45. An associate degree in applied science.
47. A light touch or stroke.
49. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
51. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
52. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
53. Fallow deer.
54. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
55. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
56. The sixth month of the civil year.
57. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
3. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
4. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
5. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
8. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
9. Danish philologist whose work on Old Norse pioneered in the field of comparative linguistics (1787-1832).
10. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
15. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
20. Any of various units of capacity.
22. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
24. Related to or located at the back.
26. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
27. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
29. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
30. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
31. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
33. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
34. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
38. Common Indian weaverbird.
40. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
42. An informal term for a father.
43. God of love and erotic desire.
44. A human female who does housework.
46. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
48. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
50. (informal) Roused to anger.