1. God of love and erotic desire.
5. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
8. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
11. Slightly open.
12. Hormones (estrogen and progestin) are given to postmenopausal women.
13. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
14. An informal term for a father.
15. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
16. Minor or subordinate.
17. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
20. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
21. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
22. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
27. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
30. An expression of greeting.
32. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
33. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
34. A master's degree in fine arts.
36. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
38. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
42. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
44. A native of ancient Troy.
47. A French abbot.
50. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
51. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
52. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
53. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
1. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
2. A genus of Platalea.
3. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
4. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
5. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
6. A historical region in central and northern Yugoslavia.
7. What you can repeat immediately after perceiving it.
8. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
9. Common Indian weaverbird.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
18. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
19. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
23. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
25. A state in northwestern North America.
26. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
28. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
29. A physician who is not a specialist but treats all illnesses.
31. Modulation of the frequency of the (radio) carrier wave.
33. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
35. 32nd President of the United States.
37. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
39. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
40. A small cake leavened with yeast.
41. Type genus of the Anatidae.
43. Towards the side away from the wind.
45. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. An informal term for a father.
48. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
49. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.