1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. A master's degree in library science.
8. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
11. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
12. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
13. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
14. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
16. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
17. A flexible container with a single opening.
18. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
20. Lower in esteem.
22. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
23. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
24. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
27. Having or localized centrally at a focus.
31. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
33. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
38. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
40. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
43. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
45. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
48. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
50. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
51. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
52. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
53. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
1. Greenish-yellow pear.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. A thrusting blow with a knife.
4. A polyvalent metallic element that resembles chromium and tungsten in its properties.
5. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
6. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
7. Strike with a flat object.
8. A small cake leavened with yeast.
9. By bad luck.
10. Especially one side of a leaf.
15. An informal term for a father.
19. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
21. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
25. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
26. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
28. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
29. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
30. 16 ounces.
32. A winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple.
34. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
35. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
36. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
37. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
39. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
40. The bill in a restaurant.
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
42. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
44. The month following July and preceding September.
46. A young woman making her debut into society.
47. Call upon in supplication.
48. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
49. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.