1. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
4. In bed.
8. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
11. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
12. God of death.
13. How long something has existed.
14. Empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk.
16. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
17. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
18. Physical discomfort (as mild sickness or depression).
20. A public promotion of some product or service.
22. A state in northwestern North America.
23. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
25. (Scotland) A landowner.
27. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
32. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
34. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
36. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
37. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
39. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
43. The capital of Western Samoa.
45. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
48. The activity of persuading someone to buy.
49. An honorary degree in science.
50. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
51. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
52. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
53. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
1. Large (to 3 feet) blackish yellow-banded South American lizard.
2. The complete duration of something.
3. Atmospheric moisture or dust or smoke that causes reduced visibility.
4. Before noon.
5. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
6. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
7. An informal term for a father.
8. A light touch or stroke.
9. A city in northern India.
10. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
15. The capital of Croatia.
19. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
21. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
24. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
26. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
28. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
29. A flexible container with a single opening.
30. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
31. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 100 liters.
33. A city of northern Poland near the mouth of the Vistula River on a gulf of the Baltic Sea.
35. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
38. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
40. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
41. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
44. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
46. (informal) Of the highest quality.
47. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
48. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.