1. A bachelor's degree in theology.
4. United States film actress who appeared in films by D. W. Griffith (1896-1993).
8. An enclosed space.
11. An affirmative.
12. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
15. The part of a hammerhead opposite the flat striking surface (may have various shapes).
16. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
17. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
19. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
21. A light touch or stroke.
24. A Mid-Atlantic state.
25. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
31. The bill in a restaurant.
33. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
36. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
42. A small cake leavened with yeast.
45. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
46. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
48. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
49. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
50. An informal term for a father.
51. (used of animals especially a horse) Of a moderate reddish-brown color n 1.
1. A mistake in printed matter resulting from mechanical failures of some kind.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. Having the head uncovered.
4. Former measure of the US economy.
5. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
6. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
7. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
8. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
9. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
10. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
18. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
20. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
22. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
23. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
26. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
29. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
30. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
32. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
34. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
35. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
37. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
38. Largest known toad species.
39. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. An annual award for outstanding achievements in television.
43. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
44. The cry made by sheep.
45. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
47. A doctor's degree in optometry.