1. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
4. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
8. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
11. Used of a single unit or thing.
12. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
13. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
14. Empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk.
16. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
17. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
18. An Oscan-speaking member of an ancient people of Campania.
21. Advanced in years.
24. A nonexistent person popularized by American servicemen during World War II.
26. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
30. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
31. A state in midwestern United States.
33. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
34. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
36. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
42. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
45. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
46. One who works hard at boring tasks.
49. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
50. An informal term for a father.
51. In bed.
52. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
1. A magic power or magic spell.
2. Type genus of the Anatidae.
3. A small spineless globe-shaped cactus.
4. Half the width of an em.
5. Tag the base runner to get him out.
6. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
7. A boy or man.
8. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
9. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
10. (informal) Exceptionally good.
15. The capital of Croatia.
19. (used as a combining form) Recent or new.
20. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
22. In or associated with the process of passing from life or ceasing to be.
23. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
25. Being nine more than ninety.
27. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
28. An associate degree in nursing.
29. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
32. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
35. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
37. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
38. Having been read.
39. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
40. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
41. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
43. Kidney disease characterized by enlarged kidneys containing many cysts.
44. An accountant certified by the state.
47. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
48. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.