1. The compass point that is one point south of due west.
4. With no effort to conceal.
8. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
11. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
12. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. An industrial city in southern Poland on the Vistula.
17. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
18. God of fire.
19. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
21. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
23. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
25. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
29. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
32. A light touch or stroke.
34. Horny projecting mouth of a bird.
35. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
37. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
39. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
43. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
47. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
48. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
49. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
52. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
53. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
54. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
1. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
2. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
3. The act of scanning.
4. The cry made by sheep.
5. Largest known toad species.
6. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
7. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
8. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
9. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
10. A fraudulent business scheme.
15. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
16. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
20. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
22. Someone who earn wages in return for their labor.
24. Imprudently incurring risk.
26. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
27. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
28. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
30. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
31. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
33. Of or belonging to an aecium.
36. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
38. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
39. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
40. A public promotion of some product or service.
41. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
42. A city in northern India.
44. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
45. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
46. A master's degree in business.
50. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
51. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.