1. A periodic paperback publication.
4. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
7. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
11. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
12. A partially opened flower.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
16. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
17. An informal term for a father.
18. African tree with edible yellow fruit resembling mangos.
20. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
22. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
25. (used of eyes) Open and fixed as if in fear or wonder.
28. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
30. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
32. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
33. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
38. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
43. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
45. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
46. The residue that remains when something is burned.
47. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
48. A light touch or stroke.
1. A doctor's degree in music.
2. Type genus of the Amiidae.
3. Port city in northwestern Belgium and industrial center.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. Founder of Buddhism.
6. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
7. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
10. A board game in which players try to move their pieces into their opponent's bases.
15. Cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven.
19. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
21. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
26. Measure of the US economy adopted in 1991.
27. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
29. Extremely pleasing.
31. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
34. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
35. A vigorous blow.
36. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
37. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
39. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
40. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
41. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
42. A doctor's degree in education.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.