1. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
4. Any of various units of capacity.
7. Adopted in order to deceive.
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
13. English monk and scholar (672-735).
14. Up to the present time.
15. Flat and uninspiring.
16. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
28. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
30. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
31. (informal) Exceptionally good.
34. A small cake leavened with yeast.
37. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
40. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
43. An informal term for a father.
45. An associate degree in applied science.
46. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
47. Having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly.
48. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
49. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
50. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Common Indian weaverbird.
2. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
3. The administration of a strong electric current that passes through the brain to induce convulsions and coma.
4. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
5. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
6. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
7. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
8. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
9. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
10. God of death.
18. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
19. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
20. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
21. The content of cognition.
22. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
24. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
25. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
26. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
32. The 3rd letter of the Greek alphabet.
33. The 10th letter of the Greek alphabet.
35. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
36. A vigorous blow.
38. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
39. An informal term for a father.
41. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
42. A decree that prohibits something.
44. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
45. A public promotion of some product or service.