1. The unit of frequency.
4. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
7. Uttering in an irritated tone.
11. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
12. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
13. An elaborate song for solo voice.
14. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
15. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
16. A toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion.
17. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
19. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
21. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
24. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
27. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
31. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
34. A constitutional monarchy in a tiny enclave on the French Riviera.
38. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
39. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
40. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
42. A small cake leavened with yeast.
44. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
47. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
48. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
49. In bed.
50. Towards the side away from the wind.
1. People having the same social or economic status.
2. An informal term for a father.
3. The visual property of something that shines with reflected light.
4. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
5. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
6. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
7. A motley assortment of things.
8. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
9. The granite-like rocks that form the outermost layer of the earth's crust.
10. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
18. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
20. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
22. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
25. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
26. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
28. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
29. Extremely pleasing.
32. A telegram sent abroad.
33. Lower in esteem.
35. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
36. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
37. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
41. (informal) Of the highest quality.
43. The sign language used in the United States.
44. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
45. An informal term for a father.
46. A public promotion of some product or service.
47. A flexible container with a single opening.