1. Any of various units of capacity.
4. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
8. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
11. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
12. A member of an extinct North American Indian people who lived in the Pit river valley in northern California.
13. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
14. The bill in a restaurant.
15. Excessive but superficial compliments given with affected charm.
16. A public promotion of some product or service.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
19. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
23. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
25. A mountain peak in the Andes in Bolivia (21,391 feet high).
27. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
28. Wearing or provided with clothing.
29. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
32. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
33. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
36. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
39. A state in the eastern United States.
40. The 19th letter of the Greek alphabet.
45. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
46. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
47. An inlaid furniture decoration.
48. The cry made by sheep.
49. The site of an archeological exploration.
50. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
1. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
2. Divulge information or secrets.
3. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
4. A group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole.
5. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
6. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
7. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
8. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
9. (informal) Exceptionally good.
10. The closing section of a musical composition.
18. A port city in southwestern Iran.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
21. Slightly open.
22. A light touch or stroke.
24. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
26. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
30. Somewhat ill or prone to illness.
31. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
34. A genus of Indriidae.
35. A telegram sent abroad.
37. A small cake leavened with yeast.
38. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
41. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
42. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
43. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
44. Of inferior or mixed breed.
45. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.