1. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
5. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
8. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
11. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
12. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
13. The upper side of the thighs of a seated person.
14. The eighth month of the civil year.
15. The second larges of the four main islands of Japan.
16. Minor or subordinate.
17. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
18. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
21. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. The cry made by sheep.
25. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
27. Lower in esteem.
30. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
31. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
33. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
34. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
39. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
41. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
45. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
48. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
49. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
50. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
53. Considerate and solicitous care.
54. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
55. In bed.
56. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
1. A fee charged for exchanging currencies.
2. The time during which someone's life continues.
3. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
4. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
5. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
6. Harass with persistent criticism or carping.
7. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
8. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
9. Common Indian weaverbird.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
19. Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate.
20. A light touch or stroke.
22. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
24. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
26. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
28. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
29. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
32. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
35. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
36. Extremely pleasing.
38. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
39. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
40. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
43. Informal terms for money.
44. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
46. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
47. A member of the Shoshonean people of Utah and Colorado and New Mexico.
51. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
52. A public promotion of some product or service.