1. God of love and erotic desire.
5. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
7. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
11. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
12. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
13. Beyond what is natural.
14. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
15. The smallest multiple that is exactly divisible by every member of a set of numbers.
16. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
17. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
18. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
20. An associate degree in applied science.
21. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
23. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
26. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
27. (geology) A rise of land to a higher elevation (as in the process of mountain building).
28. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
29. Water frozen in the solid state.
30. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
35. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. The month following February and preceding April.
40. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
43. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
44. A city in the European part of Russia.
45. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
46. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
47. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
48. A loose material consisting of grains of rock or coral.
49. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
2. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
3. Type genus of the Majidae.
4. Before noon.
5. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
6. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
7. A user interface based on graphics (icons and pictures and menus) instead of text.
8. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
9. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
10. Any of various perennial South American plants of the genus Loasa having stinging hairs and showy white or yellow or reddish-orange flowers.
19. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
22. A river in northern Italy that flows southeast into the Adriatic Sea.
24. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
25. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
31. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
32. Toward the mouth or oral region.
33. South African term for `boss'.
34. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
36. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
37. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
38. A city in northern India.
41. Strong liquor flavored with juniper berries.
42. Not divisible by two.