1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
8. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
11. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
12. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
13. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
14. A form of address for a man.
15. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
17. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
19. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
20. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
22. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
25. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
28. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
29. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
32. Jordan's port.
35. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
38. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
40. An accidental happening.
44. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
45. The compass point that is one point south of due west.
46. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
47. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
48. How long something has existed.
49. An informal term for a father.
50. A decree that prohibits something.
1. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
2. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
3. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
4. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
5. Red pear-shaped tropical fruit with poisonous seeds.
6. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
7. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
8. Tropical Asian starlings.
9. A branch of the Tai languages.
10. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
16. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
18. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
21. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
23. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
24. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
26. A state in midwestern United States.
27. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
31. On a ship, train, plane or other vehicle.
33. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
34. Someone who eats no animal products at all.
36. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
37. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
38. A public promotion of some product or service.
39. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
41. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
42. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
43. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.