1. A federally chartered savings bank.
4. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
7. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
11. (Irish) The sea personified.
12. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
13. Radioactive iodine test that measures the amount of radioactive iodine taken up by the thyroid gland.
14. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
15. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
16. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
17. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
20. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
22. Jordan's port.
25. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
29. A member of the Dravidian people living in southeastern India.
31. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
33. A public promotion of some product or service.
34. Before noon.
36. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
42. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
43. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
46. A master's degree in fine arts.
48. Not easy.
50. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
51. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
52. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
53. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
1. An embarrassing mistake.
2. Stalk of a moss capsule.
3. (informal) Exceptionally good.
4. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
5. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
6. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
7. Relating to or characteristic of a tribe.
8. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
9. Affected manners intended to impress others.
10. Socially incorrect in behavior.
18. A light touch or stroke.
19. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
21. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
23. A radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized.
24. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
26. (informal) Of the highest quality.
27. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
32. A master's degree in business.
35. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
36. A small piece of cloth.
37. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
38. A large number or amount.
39. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
40. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
41. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
44. A cgs unit of work or energy.
45. A boy or man.
47. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
49. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.