1. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
4. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
8. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
11. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
12. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
13. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
14. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
15. A person regarded as arrogant and annoying.
16. Take in solid food.
17. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
19. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
21. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
22. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
26. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
30. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
31. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
32. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
35. The residue that remains when something is burned.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
40. A light touch or stroke.
42. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
44. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
45. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
46. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
47. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
48. A mountain lake (especially one formed by glaciers).
1. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
2. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
3. The highest level or degree attainable.
4. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
5. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
6. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
7. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
8. The function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another.
9. Botswanan statesman who was the first president of Botswana (1921-1980).
10. Of or relating to a seizure or convulsion.
18. An informal conversation.
20. A radioactive transuranic element.
23. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
24. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
25. A garment that covers the head and face.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
29. Basic principles of the cosmos.
33. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
34. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
37. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
39. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
41. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
43. A state in northwestern North America.