1. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
4. Free from risk or danger.
8. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
11. Inquire about.
12. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
13. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
14. The number that is represented as a one followed by 6 zeros.
15. Tag the base runner to get him out.
17. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
18. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
23. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
26. A Mid-Atlantic state.
27. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
28. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
31. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
35. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
39. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
42. Standard time in the 8th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 120th meridian west.
43. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
45. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. The residue that remains when something is burned.
47. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
48. The United Nations agency concerned with the international collection of meteorological data.
1. Fallow deer.
2. One thousandth of a second.
3. 10 grams.
4. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
5. By bad luck.
6. Extremely pleasing.
7. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
8. A state in northwestern North America.
9. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
10. A small cake leavened with yeast.
16. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
19. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
20. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
21. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
22. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
24. An informal term for a father.
25. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
29. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
30. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
32. Small tree native to the eastern United States having oblong leaves and fleshy fruit.
33. State in northeastern India.
34. Affecting things past.
36. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
37. A vigorous blow.
38. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
40. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
41. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
44. A Russian river.