1. Any of various trees of the genus Ulmus.
4. God of love and erotic desire.
8. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
11. A doctor's degree in education.
12. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
15. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
16. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
17. Jordan's port.
19. The month following July and preceding September.
22. A public promotion of some product or service.
23. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
24. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
26. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
30. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
32. A bachelor's degree in theology.
35. A small cake leavened with yeast.
40. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
43. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
44. The 22nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
45. A French abbot.
47. Preserve of crushed fruit.
48. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
49. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
50. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
1. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
2. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
3. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
4. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
5. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
6. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
7. Before noon.
8. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
9. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
10. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
18. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
20. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
21. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
25. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
27. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
28. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
29. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
31. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
33. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
34. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
36. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
37. Anything that serves as an enticement.
38. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
39. Japanese army officer who initiated the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and who assumed dictatorial control of Japan during World War II.
41. A decree that prohibits something.
42. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
43. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
46. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.