1. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
4. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
8. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
11. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
12. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
13. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
14. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
16. An island in Indonesia south of Borneo.
17. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
18. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
19. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
20. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
23. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
24. Any of various units of capacity.
27. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
28. A radioactive transuranic element.
30. Not only so, but.
34. The cry made by sheep.
35. A light touch or stroke.
38. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
42. The sixth month of the civil year.
44. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
46. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
47. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
48. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
49. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
50. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
51. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. A small cake leavened with yeast.
3. The square of a body of any size of type.
4. Tag the base runner to get him out.
5. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
6. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
7. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
8. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
9. Connected with or belonging to or used in a navy.
10. With rapid movements.
15. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
21. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
22. Lean end of the neck.
25. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
26. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
29. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
31. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
32. A port city in southwestern Iran.
33. Wheat with hard dark-colored kernels high in gluten and used for bread and pasta.
36. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
37. Common Indian weaverbird.
39. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
43. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
45. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.