1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
5. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
7. A French abbot.
11. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
12. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
13. Brightly colored and showy.
14. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
15. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
17. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
18. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
19. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
21. (South African) A camp defended by a circular formation of wagons.
24. Scale-like structure between the base of the wing and the halter of a two-winged fly.
25. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
27. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
28. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
29. (Old Testament) The fourth son of Jacob who was forebear of one of the tribes of Israel.
32. Pleasantly occupied.
36. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
40. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
41. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
42. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
45. In or of the month preceding the present one.
46. Capital and largest city and economic center of Peru.
47. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
48. God of war and sky.
49. A thin strip (wood or metal).
50. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
51. Electronic warfare undertaken under direct control of an operational commander to locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition.
1. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
2. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
3. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
4. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
5. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
6. Thick stew made of rice and chicken and small game.
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. (informal) Exceptionally good.
9. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
10. An open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring.
16. A deep bow.
20. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
22. Port city of Denmark in eastern Jutland.
23. A master's degree in business.
26. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
30. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
31. The capital of Morocco.
33. Fried quickly in a little fat.
34. The principal evil jinni in Islamic mythology.
35. An item of factual information derived from measurement or research.
37. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
38. Avatar of Vishnu.
39. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
40. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
43. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
44. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.