1. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
4. God of love and erotic desire.
8. The syllable naming the fifth (dominant) note of any musical scale in solmization.
11. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
12. Armor plate that protects the chest.
13. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
14. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
15. A vigorous blow.
16. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
17. A public promotion of some product or service.
19. Any plant of the genus Erica.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
26. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
30. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. Extremely pleasing.
34. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
42. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
43. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
46. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
48. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
49. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
50. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
51. Two items of the same kind.
1. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
2. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
3. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
4. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
5. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
6. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
7. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
8. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
9. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
10. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
18. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
20. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
21. The cry made by sheep.
22. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
25. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
27. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
28. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
29. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
33. A light touch or stroke.
36. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
37. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
39. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
40. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
41. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
44. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
45. The month following April and preceding June.
46. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
47. One million periods per second.