1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
8. Of southern Europe.
11. Queen of England as the 6th wife of Henry VIII (1512-1548).
12. A flexible container with a single opening.
13. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
14. Type genus of the Amiidae.
15. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
16. Tag the base runner to get him out.
17. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
19. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
22. Undo the ties of.
24. The capital of Croatia.
27. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
28. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
31. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
34. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
38. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
39. In bed.
42. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
43. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
44. A small cake leavened with yeast.
45. A vessel (usually cylindrical) with a wide mouth and without handles.
46. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
47. Port city in northwestern Belgium and industrial center.
48. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
1. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
2. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
3. In a correct manner.
4. (informal) Exceptionally good.
5. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
6. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
7. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
8. God of fire.
9. A fraudulent business scheme.
10. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
18. (informal) Of the highest quality.
20. Small genus of Asian evergreen trees having columnar crowns and distinguished by leaves lacking a midrib.
21. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
23. The content of cognition.
25. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
26. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
29. State in northeastern India.
30. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
31. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
32. A family of Amerindian languages spoken in California.
33. Frogs, toads, tree toads.
35. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
36. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
37. A Hindu prince or king in India.
38. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
40. The cry made by sheep.
41. The compass point that is one point north of due east.