1. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
4. A small cake leavened with yeast.
8. Black tropical American cuckoo.
11. A tight-fitting headdress.
12. Not only so, but.
13. A relativistic quantum theory of the electromagnetic interactions of photons and electrons and muons.
14. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
17. (informal) Of the highest quality.
18. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
19. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
21. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
27. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
30. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
31. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
33. An informal term for a father.
35. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
36. The Mongol people living the the central and eastern parts of Outer Mongolia.
40. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
42. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
45. A branch of the Tai languages.
46. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
48. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
51. A master's degree in business.
52. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
53. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
54. Tag the base runner to get him out.
55. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
56. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
57. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
3. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
4. Minor or subordinate.
5. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
6. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
7. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
8. Jordan's port.
9. The part of an organism that connects the head to the rest of the body.
10. The content of cognition.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
22. A resource.
25. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
26. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
28. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
29. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
32. The United Nations agency concerned with the international organization of food and agriculture.
34. An associate degree in applied science.
37. A genus of Lamnidae.
38. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
39. Jordan's port.
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
43. A quantity of no importance.
44. Toward the mouth or oral region.
45. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
47. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
49. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
50. Having undesirable or negative qualities.