1. The language of the nomadic Lapp people in northern Scandinavia and the Kola Peninsula.
5. An enclosed space.
8. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
11. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
12. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
13. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
14. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
17. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
18. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
19. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
20. How long something has existed.
23. Soft light-colored nondurable wood of the poplar.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
32. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
33. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
36. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
40. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
41. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
42. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
46. (informal) Of the highest quality.
47. A city in northern India.
48. Extremely pleasing.
49. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
50. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
2. The sixth month of the civil year.
3. Characterized by undue haste and lack of thought or deliberation.
4. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
5. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
6. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
7. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
8. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
9. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
10. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
15. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
16. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
21. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
22. Modulation of the frequency of the (radio) carrier wave.
24. A Russian river.
25. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
26. The cry made by sheep.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
30. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
31. Lose blood from one's body.
32. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
34. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
35. Jordan's port.
37. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
38. Petty quarrel.
39. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
45. A master's degree in fine arts.
46. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.