1. The month following March and preceding May.
4. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
7. Weapons considered collectively.
11. The cry made by sheep.
12. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
13. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
14. A doctor's degree in education.
15. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
19. One million periods per second.
21. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
22. French revolutionary leader (born in Switzerland) who was a leader in overthrowing the Girondists and was stabbed to death in his bath by Charlotte Corday (1743-1793).
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
24. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
27. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
28. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
30. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
35. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
39. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
42. 3 to 30 gigahertz.
43. Fallow deer.
44. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
45. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
46. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
47. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
48. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
1. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
2. A genus of Ploceidae.
3. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
4. When dried yields a hard substance used e.g. in golf balls.
5. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
6. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
7. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
8. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
9. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
10. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
18. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
20. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
25. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
26. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
29. Basic principles of the cosmos.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
32. A riblike part of a plant or animal (such as a middle rib of a leaf or a thickened vein of an insect wing).
33. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
34. A crime syndicate in the United States.
36. The basic unit of money in Iran.
37. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
38. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
39. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
40. An interest followed with exaggerated zeal.
41. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.