1. Any of various units of capacity.
4. A blemish made by dirt.
8. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
11. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
12. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
13. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
14. Area around the altar of a church for the clergy and choir.
16. God of the earth.
17. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
18. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
19. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
21. A public promotion of some product or service.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
28. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
31. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
33. How long something has existed.
35. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
36. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
37. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
40. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
44. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
45. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
48. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
51. The month following September and preceding November.
52. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
53. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
54. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
1. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
2. Lose blood from one's body.
3. Young sheep.
4. A bachelor's degree in religion.
5. (of roads) Made of logs laid down crosswise.
6. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
7. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
8. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
9. Showing or causing joy and pleasure.
10. Stalk of a moss capsule.
15. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
20. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
22. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
24. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
26. The cry made by sheep.
27. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
29. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
30. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
32. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
34. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
38. Marked by the reception of pay.
39. Wearing or provided with clothing.
41. On, to, or at the top.
42. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
43. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
46. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
47. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
49. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
50. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.