1. Wild and domestic cattle.
4. A small island.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
11. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
12. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
13. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
14. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
15. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
16. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
17. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
21. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
22. Thorny shrub or small tree common in central Argentina having small orange or yellow flowers followed by edible berries.
25. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
26. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
32. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
36. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
38. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
39. A French abbot.
42. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
43. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
44. Wearing or provided with clothing.
45. The residue that remains when something is burned.
46. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
47. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
48. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. An honorary degree in science.
4. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
5. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
6. (Irish) The sea personified.
7. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
8. The capital of Western Samoa.
9. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
10. By bad luck.
18. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
19. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
20. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
23. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
24. A public promotion of some product or service.
27. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
28. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. A telegram sent abroad.
30. Lower in esteem.
31. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
33. In bed.
34. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
35. German organist and contrapuntist (1685-1750).
36. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
37. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
38. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
40. The cry made by sheep.
41. A doctor's degree in education.