1. A light touch or stroke.
4. A member of the genus Canis (probably descended from the common wolf) that has been domesticated by man since prehistoric times.
7. Being the one previously mentioned or spoken of.
11. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
12. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
13. A city in northern India.
14. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
15. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
16. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
17. Squash bugs.
19. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
21. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying earth.
22. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
24. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
25. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
29. 1/10 gram.
30. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
33. The cry made by sheep.
34. (informal) Of the highest quality.
36. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
40. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
44. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
45. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
48. An associate degree in applied science.
49. A river in northwestern Russia flowing generally west into the Gulf of Finland.
51. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
52. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
53. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
54. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
55. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
1. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
2. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
3. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
4. An informal term for a father.
5. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
6. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
7. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
8. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
9. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
10. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
18. Roman statesman and philosopher who was and advisor to Nero (circa 4 BC - 65 AD).
20. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
23. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
26. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
27. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
28. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
31. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
37. In bed.
38. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
39. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
41. Type genus of the Ranidae.
42. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
43. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
46. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
47. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
50. Before noon.