1. A light touch or stroke.
4. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
8. An honorary degree in science.
11. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
12. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
13. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
14. Be unbearably loud.
15. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
17. An associate degree in applied science.
18. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
20. Before noon.
22. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
24. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
27. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
28. A confusion of voices and other sounds.
31. (usually followed by `of') Released from something onerous (especially an obligation or duty).
32. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
34. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
41. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
44. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
45. The use of nuclear magnetic resonance of protons to produce proton density images.
47. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
48. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
49. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
50. A transuranic element that has not been found in nature.
1. An informal term for a father.
2. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
3. South African term for `boss'.
4. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
5. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
6. An informal term for a father.
7. Late time of life.
8. An enclosed space.
9. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
10. A dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
16. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
19. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
21. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
23. Resonance of protons to radiation in a magnetic field.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
26. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
29. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
30. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
33. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
35. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
36. A sudden short attack.
37. A small cake leavened with yeast.
38. An important seaport on the Island of Cebu in the Philippines.
39. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
40. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
42. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
43. An awkward stupid person.
46. A gray lustrous metallic element of the rare earth group.