1. A change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety.
4. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
8. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
11. (informal) Of the highest quality.
12. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
13. A boy or man.
14. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
15. The sound of laughing.
17. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
18. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
20. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
24. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
25. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
27. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
29. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
32. A city in east central Texas.
34. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
36. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
37. By bad luck.
39. A small cake leavened with yeast.
42. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
46. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
50. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
51. A serve that strikes the net before falling into the receiver's court.
52. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
53. On or toward the lee.
54. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
55. The cry made by sheep.
56. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
2. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
3. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
4. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
5. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
6. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
7. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
8. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
9. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
10. The sixth month of the civil year.
16. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
19. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
21. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
22. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
23. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
26. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
28. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
30. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
31. The square of a body of any size of type.
33. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
35. A decree that prohibits something.
38. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
39. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
40. In bed.
41. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
43. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
44. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
45. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
47. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
48. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
49. A master's degree in business.