1. A student who studies excessively.
5. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
8. A flexible container with a single opening.
11. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
12. (informal) Of the highest quality.
13. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
14. A doctor's degree in education.
15. An acute febrile highly contagious viral disease.
17. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
20. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
22. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
23. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
29. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
32. Extremely pleasing.
34. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
41. An informal term for a father.
45. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. By bad luck.
47. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
48. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
49. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
50. An associate degree in applied science.
51. A light touch or stroke.
1. A large number or amount.
2. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
3. A quantity of no importance.
4. A colorless element that is one of the six inert gasses.
5. Chiefly tropical trees and shrubs and vines usually having a tall columnar trunk bearing a crown of very large leaves.
6. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
7. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
8. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
9. A French abbot.
10. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
16. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
18. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
19. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
21. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
24. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
25. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
26. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
27. A state in midwestern United States.
28. A public promotion of some product or service.
30. A bachelor's degree in religion.
31. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
33. Lower in esteem.
35. Offering fun and gaiety.
37. South African term for `boss'.
38. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
39. God of love and erotic desire.
40. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
42. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
43. The cry made by sheep.
44. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.