1. The residue that remains when something is burned.
4. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
8. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
11. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
12. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
13. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
14. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
15. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
16. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
17. A public promotion of some product or service.
21. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
22. A large fleet.
25. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
26. The cry made by sheep.
27. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
30. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
32. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
35. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
40. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
41. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
42. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
43. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
45. Sexually transmitted urethritis (usually caused by chlamydia).
48. An informal conversation.
49. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
50. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
51. A school teaching mechanical and industrial arts and the applied sciences.
1. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
2. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
3. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
4. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
5. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
6. Most important element.
7. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
8. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
9. Type genus of the Ranidae.
10. By bad luck.
18. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
19. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
20. A blow from a flat object (as an open hand).
23. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
24. On or toward the lee.
28. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
29. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
31. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
33. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
34. The event of dying or departure from life.
36. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
37. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
38. A written agreement between two states or sovereigns.
39. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
40. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
44. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
46. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
47. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.